Are You Cleaning with Microfiber?
August 22, 2016
Are you cleaning with microfiber mops and cloths? Microfiber is a lint-free, non-abrasive and hypoallergenic product that allows you to clean without the use of chemicals. Microfiber mops are one of the more popular microfiber items used in health care settings. Some of the benefits from using microfiber mops include:
- Enhances cleaning power – microfiber cleans more effectively, reaching into surface pores and crevices, where cotton mop materials are too large for deep cleaning.
- Contributes to reducing water and chemical usage – microfiber mops use about 10-20 times less liquid than standard cotton mops, helping reduce procurement costs. Very few microfiber applications require the use of chemicals.
- Helps increase productivity – the effort of dipping and wringing a conventional mop is eliminated. As long as the used microfiber mop head is not put back in the cleaning solution, the user does not have to change the solution between tasks.
- Helps reduce cross-contamination – healthcare facilities have been quick to embrace microfiber cleaning. In an effort to reduce cross contamination risk between patient rooms, some state laws require that maintenance personnel change out the mop and/or cleaning solution after every room. Using microfiber flat mops helps the facility comply with these requirements.
- Help reduce the risk of worker injury – microfiber mops weigh significantly less than conventional wet cotton loop mops, making them more ergonomic and easier to use. (Source: Grainger)
Ready to make the switch? Check out our micro-fiber products and contact your account representative or customer service rep for more information or to order!